- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Step out on your simple room's balcony and bid good morning to the massive rocks that seem to loom over the good-value hotel just outside the village of the same name. The rooms are simple and impersonal but clean, each with two single pine beds. Those who want to fortify themselves before trekking to the monasteries can have the buffet breakfast (€8.50), which includes yogurt and homemade cake and fruit compotes.
- Address: Patriarchou Dimitriou A', on Kalambaka–Meteora Rd., Kastraki, 42200
- Phone: 24320/75336; 24320/75335
- Location: Kalambaka
- 28 rooms.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
For anyone planning/ considering a Greek island cruise, especially if they're not “cruisers”, I’m posting this report. Read more
My roommate and I are planning on a trip to the Greek islands mid-April from Turkey. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more