- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Stoa Laibei Review
Since 2010, this old Ottoman-era arcade has been transformed into the nightlife hub of the city. Bars and clubs, all with differing styles and music, now occupy every nook and cranny and they have succeeded in attracting Ioannina's hip and trendy crowds. One can hop from Stoa Bar, playing deep house and funky sets, to Route 66 with its alternative, soul, and funky grooves. If it is cool yuppie vibes you're after, head to trendy Montage; chilled house sounds beckon from Gotty. In summer the action gets combustible, as these bars merge and mingle, since most of the action is outside. In winter however they become more autonomous, shutting doors and pumping up that volume.
- Address: Stoa Laibei, just off Antistassios St. Ioannina
- Location: Ioannina
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
I'm planning a trip to the Mediterranean Sea for one week in May. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more