- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- a perfect option—with great views—for the low-budget traveler
- open year-round
- no frills
Check Rates from our Partners
Located in a grove with 1,000 olive trees and the structure that stands the closest to the Meteora cliffs, this is a cozy, remarkably friendly, and accommodating option. It is also venerable: the Arsenious family first settled in the area in 1840 and this is their former homestead. Their guest rooms are clean and well attended but the real plus lies outside, thanks to the spectacular views of the Meteora cliffs, Thessalian valleys, and Pindos mountains. Another treat is the family-run, on-site restaurant, often lauded for its hearty, flavorsome meals. Most house specialties are cooked on the open fire; people also rave about the homemade wine. If you're staying here, arrange to be collected from the train station or bus stop, free of charge.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
I'm planning a trip to the Mediterranean Sea for one week in May. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more