- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- owners are welcoming and helpful and will ensure you have a great stay
- can get booked up around the year
Check Rates from our Partners
Kastro Hotel Review
Thoroughly delightful wood beams, painted wooden ceilings, two fireplaces (in the sitting and breakfast rooms), and the wood-trimmed guest room interiors of this hotel (one of the few options found within the walls of the historic Citadel) quietly give off the stylish vibe of old aristocracy and also seem to be in the best minimalist good taste—no wonder this restored and freshly renovated neoclassic mansion is often booked so far in advance. Lavished with flowers and herbs, the lovely courtyard looks onto the Its Kale fortress, making this a great place to enjoy an evening drink. Breakfast (additional, upon request) includes homemade jams, ham, cheese, fruit, and local honey.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more