- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When a Greek woman cooks with meraki (good taste and mood), the world does indeed find paradissos (paradise). Owner Kyriakoula Fassoula serves up meat dishes cooked tis oras (to order), such as grilled pork and lamb chops. Vegetarians can choose from delectable eggplant papoutsakia ("little shoes"), fried zucchini with garlic sauce, and various boiled greens. Complimentary fruit is served for the finale, but it would be a shame to pass up the flaky baklava.
- Address: On main road to Meteora across from Spania Rooms, Kastraki, 42200
- Phone: 24320/22723
- Hours: Daily 12–4; 6–11; Closed Nov.
- Location: Kalambaka
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more