- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Perama Cave Review
The cave's passageways, discovered in the early 1940s by locals hiding from the Nazis, extend for more than 1 km (½ mi) under the hills. You learn about the high caverns and multihued limestone stalagmites during the 45-minute guided tour; one begins about every 15 minutes. Printed English-language information is available. Be prepared for the many steps you must walk up on the way out. You can catch Bus 8 from Ioannina's clock tower to get here.
- Address: E92, 4 km (2½ mi) north of Ioannina, Ioannina, 45221
- Phone: 26510/81521
- Cost: €7
- Hours: May–Oct., daily 9–5; Nov.–Apr., daily 9–5
- Location: Ioannina
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more