- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Old fashioned and no nonsense, this Ioannina landmark serves decent magirefta (dishes precooked in an oven or on the stove). Open from 6 am, it's the place to head to after a long night out on the town. Tripe soup and mageiritsa (sheep's liver and intestine, traditionally eaten at the end of Lent) are some of the rich dishes renowned for their restorative effects post-drinking. There's usually a fish entrée such as grilled kolios (mackerel), bakaliaros (fried cod), or galeos (shark) with skordalia (garlic-potato sauce).
- Address: Neomartiros Georgiou Sq. 4, Ioannina, 45221
- Phone: 26510/73155
- Location: Ioannina
- No credit cards.
- Closed every other Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Better late then never, I am finally trying to get my act together and sit down to write this trip report. Read more
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
We are planning a trip in July ( planning late i know)
We are looking at 3 countries in 4 weeks , possible?
Anyone have a similar itinerary?
including major attractions,
any help would be greatly Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more