- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You can find schedules and book seats in advance at bus stations, and tourist offices are well equipped with schedules and information about service.
As efficient as the bus network is, you might have a hard time getting out of Heraklion, what with its confusing multitude of stations.
You'll find the bus station for western Crete opposite the port.
The station for the south is outside the Hania Gate to the right of the Archaeological Museum.
The third station, for transportation heading east, is at the traffic circle at the end of Leoforos D. Bofor, close to the old harbor.
Ask someone at the tourist information office to tell you exactly where to find your bus and to show you the spot on a map.
KTEL (28410/22234 in Ayios Nikolaos; 28210/93052 in Hania; 2810/221765 in Heraklion; 28310/22785 in Rethymnon. www.bus-service-crete-ktel.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe