- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- seaside location within walking distance of town
- beautiful views from rooms
- rooms are a bit small
- groups can be noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Akti Olous Review
This friendly, unassuming hotel on the edge of the gulf of Mirabello outside Elounda and near the sunken city of Olous is a step away from a strip of sandy beach and provides sweeping views of the sea and peninsula. The rooftop pool and terrace are especially pleasant at sunset, and there is a waterside taverna and bar. The bright rooms, decorated in a handsome, modern neoclassic style, all have balconies overlooking the sea.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more