- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- wonderful harbor views from the rooftop terrace and many rooms
- distinctly Cretan surroundings
- some rooms can be noisy from crowds at surrounding bars
- can only be reached on foot from streets at the edge of the Old Town
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Amphora Review
Relax on the rooftop terrace and gaze out at views of the harbor, town, and mountains. This comfortable, well-run, and character-filled hotel is in a 14th-century Venetian mansion on a lane above the inner harbor. Rooms are large and many have sea views, as well as such extras as beamed ceilings, fireplaces, private balconies, old-style Cretan furnishings, and kitchenettes. The hotel offers a lavish buffet breakfast for €10, and the dining room, which is on the harbor-front promenade, serves excellent, basic Greek fare and good wines at a discount to guests.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more