- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- central location
- most rooms with water views
- wonderful rooftop pool and restaurant
- rather formal surroundings
Check Rates from our Partners
A 1930s office building that for decades stood derelict above the harbor now houses an unusually luxurious and restful hotel, by far the best in town—special Internet rates are often lower than those at other hotels in this class, making the Megaron a relatively affordable indulgence. Handsome public spaces include a welcoming library/lounge, a rooftop restaurant with stunning views of the city and sea, and a top-floor terrace where a swimming pool is perched dramatically at the edge of the roof. The large and sumptuous guest rooms bring together a tasteful combination of rich fabrics, marble, and woods, and the teak-floored baths are lavish.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
We have been invited to a wedding on the island in mid-May and have been working through Fodors Greece for information. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more