Stavrakakis Rakadiko Review
Enhance the short trip out to Krista and Lato with a stop in the nearby village of Exo Lakonia to enjoy a meal at the homey kafenion of Manolis and Katerina Stavrakakis. Dishes are based on family recipes, and most are made from ingredients the couple grow themselves. Dolmades are made with zucchini flowers instead of vine leaves, wild mountain greens are boiled or appear in salads dressed with local olive oil, and even such staples as tzatziki are outstanding.
- Address: Exo Lakonia, about 8 km (5 mi) west of Ayios Nikolao, Ayios Nikolaos, Crete, 72100
- Phone: 28410/22478
- Location: Ayios Nikolaos
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's