- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- good location at edge of Old Town
- pleasant courtyard
- nearby parking
- somewhat generic rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Fortezza Review
Only steps from the fortress, the Old Town, and the beach, you can enjoy many of the advantages of the larger hotels on Rethymnon's charmless beach strip here. The tile-floor rooms, with handsome traditional wood furnishings, are built around a marble atrium and sunny courtyard that has a pool; many rooms have balconies. A buffet breakfast is served.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more