- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Crete Hotel Reviews
Some of Greece's finest resorts line the shores of Elounda peninsula, offering sumptuous surroundings and exquisite service. Although the atmosphere at these resorts is more international than Greek, you'll find authentic surroundings in the Venetian palaces and old mansions that are being sensitively restored as small hotels, especially in Hania and Rethymnon. Many of the better hotels on Crete offer special rates and packages through their Web sites, and it's always worthwhile to check out what discounts might be available during your stay—special rates often bring even a luxurious hotel into affordable range, especially outside of high season. For a more rustic yet authentic experience on Crete, opt for simple, whitewashed, tile-floor rooms with rustic pine furniture in the ubiquitous "room to rent" establishments in mountain and seaside villages. Another common term is "studio," which implies the presence of a kitchen or basic cooking facilities. Standards of cleanliness are high in Crete, and service is almost always friendly.
Browse Crete Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's