- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Where do the locals eat?" One frequent answer—that is, if by "locals" you are referring to discerning executives and lawyers—is Rouvas. Found near San Rocco Square and located in the center of Corfu town's commercial district, it caters (lunchtime only) to natives who savor the chef's tasty yet filling traditional dishes, such as fried fish with garlic sauce, the superb Pastitsio (baked minced meat and pasta layered with bechamel), or the rabbit Stifado (stewed with onions, tomato, and spices), plus a seasonal dish of the day—Briam, a delicious meld of summer vegetables cooked in oil, is a favorite.
- Address: Stamatis Desyllas 13, Corfu Town, Corfu
- Phone: 26610/31182
- Location: Corfu Town
- No credit cards.
- No dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Better late then never, I am finally trying to get my act together and sit down to write this trip report. Read more
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
My husband and I are trying to plan a trIp to Athens, but I am very worried about the language difference. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more