- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Where do the locals eat?" One frequent answer—that is, if by "locals" you are referring to discerning executives and lawyers—is Rouvas. Found near San Rocco Square and located in the center of Corfu town's commercial district, it caters (lunchtime only) to natives who savor the chef's tasty yet filling traditional dishes, such as fried fish with garlic sauce, the superb Pastitsio (baked minced meat and pasta layered with bechamel), or the rabbit Stifado (stewed with onions, tomato, and spices), plus a seasonal dish of the day—Briam, a delicious meld of summer vegetables cooked in oil, is a favorite.
- Address: Stamatis Desyllas 13, Corfu Town, Corfu
- Phone: 26610/31182
- Location: Corfu Town
- No credit cards.
- No dinner.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
For anyone planning/ considering a Greek island cruise, especially if they're not “cruisers”, I’m posting this report. Read more
Hi I am planning a 45 day holiday. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more