- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Where do the locals eat?" One frequent answer—that is, if by "locals" you are referring to discerning executives and lawyers—is Rouvas. Found near San Rocco Square and located in the center of Corfu town's commercial district, it caters (lunchtime only) to natives who savor the chef's tasty yet filling traditional dishes, such as fried fish with garlic sauce, the superb Pastitsio (baked minced meat and pasta layered with bechamel), or the rabbit Stifado (stewed with onions, tomato, and spices), plus a seasonal dish of the day—Briam, a delicious meld of summer vegetables cooked in oil, is a favorite.
- Address: Stamatis Desyllas 13, Corfu Town, Corfu
- Phone: 26610/31182
- Location: Corfu Town
- No credit cards.
- No dinner.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1649 & up -- Greek Islands 8-Night Escape w/Air & Ferry go-today
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night Cruise Royal Caribbean
- Albania, Macedonia & Beyond IExplore
- Greece Experience — $3,125 IExplore
- $899 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise — $899 Royal Caribbean
My husband, one daughter, and I arrived in Athens for a long weekend in the middle of the night. Read more
We had a fantastic trip to Cyprus, Rome and Athens, thanks in large part to the wonderful advice I received from Fodorites. Read more
Between Athens and Santorini we have 7 nights open for Paros, Naxos and Antiparos.
Please advise weather I can make :
1. daytrips to Paros and Antiparos from Naxos or
2.Noussa Paros as base and daytripped Read more
· News & Features
Author and Greek culinary guru Henriette Lazaridis Power peels back the curtain on some of the best Greek... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
These hotels have a problem with commitment.... Read more