- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Contrary to its Italian-sounding name, this is a traditional, family-run Greek taverna where owner Stavros invites you into the kitchen to look at what's fresh and available that day. The food here is excellent and reasonably priced, and the location, in a little square tucked off North Theotoki, adds to the cozy ambience. This is a great place to get a vegetarian meal, and two or three starters will fill you up. The spicy baked feta, fried zucchini, and spinach pie are all worth trying. Traditional favorites such as briam (a mixture of eggplant, zucchini, and potatoes in olive oil and tomato sauce) are expertly prepared. Only Corfiot wine is sold, in order to keep prices affordable.
- Address: Lemonia Sq. off N. Theotoki, Corfu Town, Corfu 49100
- Phone: 26610/41112
- Location: Corfu Town
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.–Easter. No lunch Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
For anyone planning/ considering a Greek island cruise, especially if they're not “cruisers”, I’m posting this report. Read more
Hi, my fiancé and i are going to Mykonos and Santorini for our honeymoon in June 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more