- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Contrary to its Italian-sounding name, this is a traditional, family-run Greek taverna where owner Stavros invites you into the kitchen to look at what's fresh and available that day. The food here is excellent and reasonably priced, and the location, in a little square tucked off North Theotoki, adds to the cozy ambience. This is a great place to get a vegetarian meal, and two or three starters will fill you up. The spicy baked feta, fried zucchini, and spinach pie are all worth trying. Traditional favorites such as briam (a mixture of eggplant, zucchini, and potatoes in olive oil and tomato sauce) are expertly prepared. Only Corfiot wine is sold, in order to keep prices affordable.
- Address: Lemonia Sq. off N. Theotoki, Corfu Town, Corfu 49100
- Phone: 26610/41112
- Location: Corfu Town
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Nov.–Easter. No lunch Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more