- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
To Dimarcheio Review
At the "town hall," menu items like marinated salmon with fennel and veal carpaccio reflect the chef's classic French training. But ask the waiter what else is in the kitchen, and he may reel off a list of hearty village favorites that includes a rich soffritto (veal cooked in a sauce of vinegar, parsley, and plenty of garlic), pastitsada, and pork stewed with celery, leeks, and wine. In June you can sit beneath a jacaranda tree's electric-blue flowers and watch the comings and goings around the Town Hall in Dimarcheiou Square. Reservations are recommended on weekends.
- Address: Dimarcheiou Sq., behind Town Hall, Corfu Town, Corfu 49100
- Phone: 26610/39031
- Location: Corfu Town
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more