- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Spiros and Vassilis
Spiros and Vassilis Review
This restaurant hidden back from the road on farmland belonging to the Polimeri family is something of a surprise because its menu is not Greek but classically French. The chef, born in Corfu, worked for many years in Paris restaurants. Entrecôte, frogs' legs, and escargots are all available, and the meat is all organic and locally-sourced. An extensive wine list and efficient, discreet service add to the pleasure of dining on one of the elegant garden terraces.
- Address: 9 km (6 mi) west of Corfu town on road to Pelekas, Agios Ioannis, Corfu
- Phone: 26610/52552; 26610/52438
- Location: Pelekas
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Oct.–May. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
I will be arriving in Athens at 5:30pm, and I am staying in Piraeus because I will be taking an early ferry to Mykonos the next morning. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more