- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- newly renovated rooms
- affordable rates
- helpful staff
- the road outside carries heavy traffic early morning
- breakfast is not included in the price
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Hermes Review
The old, no-frills Hermes was always popular with backpackers, but now that this hardworking hotel has been completely renovated, it will have more appeal for budget travelers in general. It's a good, inexpensive choice for a short stay in Corfu town, but not the best choice for a longer summer holiday if you value creature comforts, views, and being near a beach (the hotel is in the center of town). The guest room decor, as well as the public salons, are dull in the extreme, with not a single painting hung in any of the rooms, alas.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
Thanks in advance for all your help.
I'm turning 40 in a few weeks and decided I want to head to Europe for two or three weeks. I've been to Turkey, Bulgaria, UK, France. I want to explore some new areas. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more