- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Church of Ayios Iason and Ayios Sosipater
Church of Ayios Iason and Ayios Sosipater Review
The suburb of Anemomilos is crowned by the ruins of the Paleopolis church and by the 11th-century Church of Ayios Iason and Ayios Sosipater. It was named after two of St. Paul's disciples, St. Jason and St. Sosipater, who brought Christianity to the island in the 1st century. The frescoes are faded, but the icons are beautiful, and the exterior is dramatic among the unspoiled greenery. This is one of only two Byzantine churches on the island; the other is in the northern coastal village of Ayios Markos.
- Address: Anemomilos at south end of Garitsa bay, Corfu Town, Corfu 49100
- Phone: No phone
- Location: Corfu Town
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Better late then never, I am finally trying to get my act together and sit down to write this trip report. Read more
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
For a beach vacation, where would you stay? Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more