- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Byzantine Museum Review
Panagia Antivouniotissa, an ornate church dating from the late 15th century, houses an outstanding collection of Byzantine religious art. More than 50 icons from the 13th to the 17th century hang on the walls. Look for works by the celebrated icon painters Tzanes and Damaskinos; they are perhaps the best-known artists of the Cretan style of icon painting, with unusually muscular, active depictions of saints. Their paintings more closely resemble Renaissance art—another Venetian legacy—than traditional, flat orthodox icons.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
Hello fellow Fodorites! Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more