- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa
At a Glance
- great new spa
- lovely grounds
- beach access
- contemporary decor
- not in Corfu town
- large and somewhat anonymous
Check Rates from our Partners
Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa Review
Built the same year as the super-luxurious Corfu Imperial, this hotel-bungalow complex opened its doors in 1971 with a cleaner, more-modern look and to it and—especially in the outdoor estate here, which includes a fantastic beach—a more-relaxed glam factor. All of the guest rooms and bungalows have balconies, the least expensive with garden rather than sea views. The newly renovated family rooms all have a bay view and come with larger bathrooms. The grounds here are lovely, with splashes of red bougainvillea and big cypress trees next to the two sandy beaches, one lined with up an extravaganza of tiki-style umbrellas. A newly built spa offers all kinds of pampering treatments, from facials and pedicures to massages, for singles and couples.
- Address: Kontokali bay, 6 km (4 mi) north of Corfu town, Corfu Town, Corfu 49100
- Phone: 26610/90500 through 26610/90509; 26610/99000 through 26610/99002
- Website: www.kontokalibay.com
- Location: Corfu Town
- 170 rooms, 89 bungalows.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Oct.–Easter.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more