- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pelecas Country Club
At a Glance
- lovely rooms and flower gardens
- if unempathetic to fine manners and old-world style, this place will not be for you
Check Rates from our Partners
Pelecas Country Club Review
Some say this small, luxury hotel can be a bit snobbish, others insist that it lets you experience true Corfiot tradition, thanks to its unique setting: the old family mansion of Nikos Velianitis—lovingly set amid 50 acres of olive and cypress trees—whose antiques-laden room form the core of this idyllic retreat. In addition to the mansion, which houses the dining room and presidential suite (French president François Mitterand stayed here during an EU conference), bungalows and studios have been created in former olive-press buildings, stables, and warehouses. All of them are richly decorated with family heirlooms from England and Russia; all have large verandas overlooking the gardens or meadows; and all have kitchens.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
I'm planning a trip to the Mediterranean Sea for one week in May. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more