- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Corfu Reading Society
Corfu Reading Society Review
The oldest cultural institution in modern Greece, the Corfu Reading Society was founded in 1836. The building, filled with books and archives relating to the Ionian islands, stands opposite the High Commissioner's Palace and has an impressive exterior staircase leading up to a loggia. Inside is a book-lover's delight, with 19th-century decor that is evocative testimony to the "English age" that gave Corfu so much of its character.
- Address: Kapodistriou, Corfu Town, Corfu
- Phone: 26610/39528
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Mon. and Fri. 5:45–7:45, Tues.–Thurs. 9:30–1:45, Sat. 9:30–1:45
- Location: Corfu Town
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
Thanks in advance for all your help.
I'm turning 40 in a few weeks and decided I want to head to Europe for two or three weeks. I've been to Turkey, Bulgaria, UK, France. I want to explore some new areas. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more