- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The local blue bus (line 2) offers frequent daily service (every half-hour Monday through Saturday, hourly on Sunday) to Kanoni from Plateia San Rocco in Corfu town; the fare is about €1.50. A taxi to Kanoni costs approximately €6. The islet of Pontikonissi can be reached by a short boat trip from the dock at Vlahernes, 2 km (about a mile) below Kanoni and costs €5 round-trip. The best way to reach Mon Repos from Corfu town is by walking; it takes about 15 minutes and you follow the seafront most of the way.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe