- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Corfu
Corfu Town: Recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, this sophisticated little gem of a city glows with a profusion of picturesque reminders of its Venetian, French, and British past.
Some Enchanted Islet: As they savor the famous view of Pontikonisi, from the patio of a Starbucks in suburban Kanoni, how many of today's visitors know that tiny "Mouse island" was thought by the ancients to be Odysseus's ship turned to stone by Poseidon?
Mon Repos: Owned by the Greek royal family before they were deposed, the elegant neoclassic villa of Mon Repos, with its enchanting seaside gardens and secret beach, was originally built as a love gift from a British lord high commissioner to his wife.
Homer's City of the Phaeacians: Once extolled by Odysseus, Paleokastritsa remains a swimmable, sunable spectacle of grottoes, cliffs, white sand, and turquoise waters.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe