- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A spotless taverna with a good reputation for solid fare sits among the pines and with a view of the sea. Try the traditional pites (homemade pastry pies, these with cheese-and-spinach filling), the green salad sprinkled with pomegranate seeds, seed cones and baby tomatoes, the fava, and, of course, the fresh fish. Grilled meats are also excellent here.
- Address: At 69-km (42-mi) mark on Athens–Sounion coastal road, 4 km (2½ mi) north of Sounion, Sounion, 19500
- Phone: 22920/39125
- Location: Sounion
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
We have been invited to a wedding on the island in mid-May and have been working through Fodors Greece for information. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more