- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taverna To Agnandio
Taverna To Agnandio Review
Warm yourself at your choice of several fireplaces in this old stone house that's been deemed a historic building by the state, and look out at the excellent views of the mountains. Tirokafteri, a piquant cheese spread, is the perfect accompaniment to the stone-ground country bread to start. Follow with a sampling of the large purplish Amphissa olives, fava (mashed yellow split peas, lemon, and raw onions), or the potent skordalia. Meat dominates the entrées: rooster with xylopites (tiny pasta squares) in tomato sauce, and stuffed lamb shank, for example.
- Address: Delfon, next to town hall and clock tower, Arachova, 32004
- Phone: 22670/32114
- Location: Arachova
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed June–Aug.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
If you had to choose between Crete and/or Rhodes or the Peloponnis which would be your choice? Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more