- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Nothing in the simple restaurant design detracts from the view of the beautiful Itea gorge from the large, open veranda. Even in the colder months, a glass canopy protects the seating area and allows diners to look out year-round. Start with rooster soup and peppers stuffed with melted cheese. The house specialty is a must: the wild boar stifado is cooked with plenty of baby onions and fresh tomato sauce, fragrantly seasoned with bay leaves and cinnamon. You can also try deer or hare variations, while chicken in tomato sauce with eggplant and feta is an interesting alternative for timid palates. Live music will accompany your dinner on winter weekends.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We've been home for a while now but I thought I would post a belated trip report, partly to thank all those people whose advice I took, either directly or by reading their trip reports.
We are in our seventies, Read more
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more