O Ilias Review
All of the tables have a view of the Temple of Poseidon, perching above its cliff, in this restaurant started by owner Vassili Kampiti's uncle, Ilias Georgiou, in 1944. The fish tavern's menu remains centered around psari (fish), from "small frys" like marida, atherina, and anchovy to large ones by the kilo. Try the homemade french fries or fried peppers to start with, or either boiled greens or fresh salad. Top off a meal with fresh, seasonal fruit, or—if there's a piece left in the large pan it was baked in—some ravani (a traditional Greek honey-covered cake).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's