- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Armata—War of Independence Naval Battle
Armata—War of Independence Naval Battle Review
Thousands flock in from all over Greece to attend the Armata celebrations, in what is probably the most glorious weekend on the island's calendar. Spetses mounts an enormous harbor-front reenactment of a War of Independence naval battle during the second week of September, complete with costumed fighters and burning ships. Book your hotel well in advance if you wish to see this popular event, popularly known as the Armata. There are also concerts and exhibitions the week leading up to it.
- Location: Spetses
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
We will be going from Bodrum, Turkey to Rhodes, Greece by ferry. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more