Fantasy: a whitewashed fisherman's cottage on a promontory overlooking the little harbor of Kaminia, with a veranda terrace charmingly set with folkloric pennants and communal tables—the perfect perch to catch some sublime sunsets. Reality: Kodylenia's, an irresistibly alluring (if a little pricey) place that has enraptured town folk and off-duty billionaires alike. Talk a look at the web site's slide-show to see what all the fuss is about (get set for a 2-minute Greek vacation). When there, peek into the kitchen below the terrace to see what's cooking: a whole fish may be chargrilling and, when available, order kritamos (rock samphire, a vegetation which grows on the island's rocky coast), the urchin salad, or share an order of fresh-caught grilled squid in tomato sauce. The views are delicious and so are the kolokythokeftedes, fried zucchini balls.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's