- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- peaceful garden
- precious artworks on display
- somewhat dated and smallish bathrooms
- thin doors do not provide enough sound insulation
Check Rates from our Partners
Miranda Hotel Review
Antique-lovers might feel right at home among the 18th- and 19th-century furniture and decor (Oriental rugs, wooden chests, nautical engravings, ceilings painted in detailed Venetian motifs) decorating this traditional Hydriot home, built around 1810 for a Captain Danavasis and now classified by the Ministry of Culture as a national monument—for a change of pace they can head to the main salon, whose walls are hung with giant black and white photographs, or go outside to a garden lush with pink and red blossoms. The hotel recently celebrated its 50-year anniversary with a special book about its rich history. The two suites on the top floor, Nos. 2 and 3, have balconies, sea views, and graceful ceiling frescoes done by Venetian painters. The continental breakfast is served in the interior courtyard.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more