- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Pirate Bar
The Pirate Bar Review
Café-bar Pirate has been a fixture of the island's nightlife since the late 1970s. It got a face-lift, added some mainstream dance hits to its rock music–only playlist, and remains popular and raucous. The spot is actually open all day with delicious home cooked dishes (burgers, salads, and lemon pies) but it is at night that the fun really takes off, often with the help of one of the popular house drinks, such as the fruity Tropical Sun.
- Address: South end of harbor, Hydra town, 18040
- Phone: 22980/52711
- Location: Hydra
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
We have been invited to a wedding on the island in mid-May and have been working through Fodors Greece for information. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more