- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
It is well worth climbing the 263 steps leading from the main road up to the church of Ayios Georgios. Behind the churchyard, the lovely smells from this hilltop restaurant's kitchen will prepare you for a tasty meal. The restaurant dates back to the 1930s and has served many a Greek politician and poet. Start with local specialty opsimotyri (tart yogurt dip) and the house salad of shredded red cabbage, carrot, and grilled mushrooms. Then, dig into a plump bifteki (ground meat) flavored with parsley, or dolmades (stuffed vine leaves) with a creamy lemon sauce. The lamb stewed on vine leaves is also a favorite with regular clients. Reservations are essential during winter weekends.
- Address: Ayios Giorgios, Ano Arachova, Arachova, 32004
- Phone: 22670/32735
- Location: Arachova
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon.–Wed. in June–Aug.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
Greetings, Everyone! Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more