- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
To Geitoniko Review
Christina and her husband, Manolis, cook home-style Greek dishes in a typical old Hydriot house with stone floors and wooden ceilings, where time seems to have been standing still since the 50s. Try the octopus stifado (stew) with pearl onions; cuttlefish in wine sauce; beef with quince; or eggplant stuffed with ground meat. Grilled meats and fresh fish, including the island's own calamari, are also available. Scrumptious desserts include baklava and two types of halvah. It's a good idea to arrive before 9 pm for dinner; there are only 20 tables under the open-air vine-covered pergola upstairs, and they fill up quick.
- Address: Spiliou Harami, opposite Pension Antonis, Hydra town, 18040
- Phone: 22980/53615
- Location: Hydra
- No credit cards.
- Closed Dec.--Feb.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1649 & up -- Greek Islands 8-Night Escape w/Air & Ferry go-today
- $529 & up -- Summer: Italy-Greece-Turkey 7-Night Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
My husband, one daughter, and I arrived in Athens for a long weekend in the middle of the night. Read more
We had a fantastic trip to Cyprus, Rome and Athens, thanks in large part to the wonderful advice I received from Fodorites. Read more
Between Athens and Santorini we have 7 nights open for Paros, Naxos and Antiparos.
Please advise weather I can make :
1. daytrips to Paros and Antiparos from Naxos or
2.Noussa Paros as base and daytripped Read more
· News & Features
Author and Greek culinary guru Henriette Lazaridis Power peels back the curtain on some of the best Greek... Read more
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
These hotels have a problem with commitment.... Read more