- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
To Geitoniko Review
Christina and her husband, Manolis, cook home-style Greek dishes in a typical old Hydriot house with stone floors and wooden ceilings, where time seems to have been standing still since the 50s. Try the octopus stifado (stew) with pearl onions; cuttlefish in wine sauce; beef with quince; or eggplant stuffed with ground meat. Grilled meats and fresh fish, including the island's own calamari, are also available. Scrumptious desserts include baklava and two types of halvah. It's a good idea to arrive before 9 pm for dinner; there are only 20 tables under the open-air vine-covered pergola upstairs, and they fill up quick.
- Address: Spiliou Harami, opposite Pension Antonis, Hydra town, 18040
- Phone: 22980/53615
- Location: Hydra
- No credit cards.
- Closed Dec.–Feb.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
For some days I've been trying to make a booking on the trainose site for two to Kalambaka
on the morning train from Athens June 7 first class.
Though early booking is encouraged the date is not accepted Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more