- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
To Geitoniko Review
Christina and her husband, Manolis, cook home-style Greek dishes in a typical old Hydriot house with stone floors and wooden ceilings, where time seems to have been standing still since the 50s. Try the octopus stifado (stew) with pearl onions; cuttlefish in wine sauce; beef with quince; or eggplant stuffed with ground meat. Grilled meats and fresh fish, including the island's own calamari, are also available. Scrumptious desserts include baklava and two types of halvah. It's a good idea to arrive before 9 pm for dinner; there are only 20 tables under the open-air vine-covered pergola upstairs, and they fill up quick.
- Address: Spiliou Harami, opposite Pension Antonis, Hydra town, 18040
- Phone: 22980/53615
- Location: Hydra
- No credit cards.
- Closed Dec.–Feb.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
We have been invited to a wedding on the island in mid-May and have been working through Fodors Greece for information. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more