- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ask a local to name the best restaurant in Aegina, and the response is invariably Vatzoulias. In summer the garden is a pleasant oasis, scented with jasmine and honeysuckle; in winter, nestle inside the cozy dining room. Eggplant in garlic sauce, and zucchini croquettes are can't-go-wrong starters. Continue with taverna classics such as veal in red sauce; thick, juicy grilled pork chops; or pasticchio, oven-baked pasta with minced meat enlivened with cinnamon and a wonderfully fluffy béchamel. In winter try the hare stew. A 10-minute walk from Aegina town center gets you to this rustic taverna where only dinner is served, please note, only three evenings a week.
- Address: Aphaias 75, Ayioi Asomatoi, Aegina town, 18010
- Phone: 22970/22711
- Location: Aegina
- Reservations essential.
- No credit cards.
- Closed Mon., Tues., Thurs., and Fri.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi I am planning a 45 day holiday. Read more
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
Now here’s a surprise, our flight on 5th May leaves Milan early and when we get to Crete we are to be met by Dimitris (http://autorentals-crete.gr) who has so kindly invited us to spend Easter nigh Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more