- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
I Remvi Review
The last of the traditional fish tavernas lining the coastal road in Palaia Fokaia, this is the smallest, the cheapest, and the most romantic. Remvi means "daydreaming," easy to do as you sit at little tables with checkered tablecloths sipping potent barreled wine and gazing out to sea. The family-run place keeps expanding its delicious menu—the fish soup sinagrida, made with the freshest bream, sweet onions, carrots, and potatoes, is worth the wait. Seafood appetizers like crab salad and fried calamari are a good lead-in to the superbly fresh fish, served by the kilo. As for mains, the seafood pasta, served al dente with fresh seafood and tomato sauce, is a must.
- Address: 14 Souniou Ave. and Galinis, 52-km (32-mi) point on Athens–Sounion coastal road, 34 km (21 mi) south of Vouliagmeni Palaia Fokaia, 19013
- Phone: 22910/36236
- Location: Vouliagmeni
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
If you had to choose between Crete and/or Rhodes or the Peloponnis which would be your choice? Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more