Attica, the Saronic Gulf Islands, and Delphi Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Attica, the Saronic Gulf Islands, and Delphi Hotel Reviews
Blame it on the legacy of the Athens 2004 Olympics, but the standards are high at the hotels along Attica's much-traversed coast. Hotels here fit roughly into three groups, those catering to families on a budget, those aimed at corporate travelers, and those servicing luxury lovers. It's no surprise why corporate moguls from all over the world often book ultraluxurious bungalows for the whole season, with their stunning seaside views, state-of-the-art spas, and dazzling public spaces. But no matter how many face-lifts they endure, Attica's luxury hotels cannot remove their predominant mid-20th-century "shipping-tycoon" style. Conversely, in Delphi and Arachova, accommodations tend to be homey, châlet-style. In some places, you may even have the sensation of being part of a family, as rooms are decorated with personal heirlooms and breakfast includes homemade goodies. You may spend some time in your room, as it may be your refuge from the mountain elements outside. In Delphi and Arachova, peak demand is during ski season and Easter (many places close for summer in Arachova).
Browse Attica, the Saronic Gulf Islands, and Delphi Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's