- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Yachts can be rented year-round, but May, June, September, and October are less expensive than summer, and, even better, the meltemi (brisk northern winds) are not blowing then. Many yacht brokers charter boats and organize scuba tours and flotilla cruises in small, rented sailboats around the islands.
Vernicos Yachts. In a seaside suburb between Glyfada and Athens, Vernicos Yachts hosts weeklong cruises and charters boats. Its range of activities includes bareboat and crewed yacht charters, brokerage and new yacht sales, as well as marina and hotel management. The business is run by the same family that established the maritime firm in Constantinople in the 1850s. Leoforos Poseidonos 11, Alimos, 17455. 210/989–6000 or 210/985–0129 Ext. 5. www.vernicos.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe