- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Major travel agencies can provide English-speaking guides to take you around Athens's major sights.
The Union of Official Guides provides licensed guides for individual or group tours, starting at about €120, including taxes, for a four-hour tour of the Acropolis and its museum. Hire only guides licensed by the EOT—they have successfully completed a two-year state program.
Union of Certified Guides (Apollonos 9A, Plaka, Athens, 10557. 210/322–9705 or 210/322–0090. 210/323–9200. www.tourist-guides.gr.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe