- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Call an ambulance in the event of an emergency but taxis are often faster. Most hotels will call a doctor or dentist for you.
Dial 106 (in Greek), check the Athens News or the English-language Kathimerini, inserted in theHerald Tribune, or the weekly Athens Plus, or ask your hotel to find out which emergency hospitals are open.
Athens City Police (Ayiou Konstantinou 14, Athens, 10431. 100 or 210/3259050.)
Hellenic Coast Guard (108. www.hdc.gr.)
Fire Service (199. www.fireservice.gr.)
Tourist Police (171.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe