- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The main office of the Greek National Tourism Organization (GNTO; EOT in Greece) is at Tsocha 7, in the Ambelokipi district, not far from the Megaron Mousikis concert hall, in the heart of Athens. Their offices generally close around 2 pm. The Web site of the city of Athens (www.cityofathens.gr) has a small but growing section in English but also check out their more enticing new entry (www.breathtakingathens.com). The English-speaking tourist police can answer questions about transportation, steer you to an open pharmacy or doctor, and locate phone numbers of hotels and restaurants.
City of Athens Web site. The official City of Athens visitors' website for useful and up to date info on Athenian life. www.breathtakingathens.com.
Greek National Tourism Organization (EOT) (Tsoha 7, near Megaron Mousikis, Ambelokipi, Athens, 11521. 210/870–7000. www.visitgreece.gr. EOT Information desk, Dionysiou Areopageitou 10, Plaka, 10558. 210/3310392 or 210/3310716.)
Tourist Police (Veikou 43, 4th fl., Koukaki, Athens, 11854. 171; 1572 GNTO - Tourist Protection Line for consumer complaints.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe