- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Trata O Stelios
Trata O Stelios Review
The owner works directly with fishermen, guaranteeing that the freshest catch comes to the table. Just point to your preference and it will soon arrive in the way Greeks insist upon: grilled with exactitude, coated in the thinnest layer of olive oil to seal in juices, and accompanied by lots of lemon. The deep-fried calamari and buttered prawns are house specialties. Even those who scrunch up their nose at fish soup will be converted by this version of the dense yet delicate kakkavia. Stelios is also one of the few remaining places you can get real homemade taramosalata. Avoid the lively square during Sunday lunch unless you want to squeeze in with the entire city. Parking is available.
- Address: Anagenisseos Sq. 7–9, off Ethnikis Antistaseos Kaisariani, Athens, 16121
- Phone: 210/729–1533
- Location: Pangrati and Kaisariani
- Credit cards accepted.
- 10 days at Orthodox Easter.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
For anyone planning/ considering a Greek island cruise, especially if they're not “cruisers”, I’m posting this report. Read more
I need to travel between Mykonos and Santorini on the last Friday in May 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more