- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Greek Islands
Trata O Stelios
Trata O Stelios Review
The owner works directly with fishermen, guaranteeing that the freshest catch comes to the table. Just point to your preference and it will soon arrive in the way Greeks insist upon: grilled with exactitude, coated in the thinnest layer of olive oil to seal in juices, and accompanied by lots of lemon. The deep-fried calamari and buttered prawns are house specialties. Even those who scrunch up their nose at fish soup will be converted by this version of the dense yet delicate kakkavia. Stelios is also one of the few remaining places you can get real homemade taramosalata. Avoid the lively square during Sunday lunch unless you want to squeeze in with the entire city. Parking is available.
- Address: Anagenisseos Sq. 7–9, off Ethnikis Antistaseos Kaisariani, Athens, 16121
- Phone: 210/729–1533
- Location: Pangrati and Kaisariani
- Credit cards accepted.
- 10 days at Orthodox Easter.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more