- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Greek Islands
Scala Vinoteca Review
The latest brainchild of renown Greek chef Christoforos Peskias, this urban wine-restaurant divides its menu into four main price ranges, with dishes priced at 7, 10, 12 and 17 euros—the result is a flexible and budget-friendly dining option. Delicious dishes include asparagus in Mastello (sweet Santorini wine) sauce, beef tartare with marinated swedes, ravioli with shrimp and crab in a bisque seafood sauce, or the lasagna bolognese with foie gras. More than 110 wine labels are on offer, while most of the wines are also served by the glass. The chic, downtown location is a hidden Athenian gem, an additional bonus being that the warm, wooden, minimalist interiors have been designed by New Benaki Museum architects Maria Kokkinou and Andreas Kourkoulas.
- Address: Sina 50 and Anagnostopoulou, Kolonaki, Athens, 10680
- Phone: 210/361–0004
- Location: Syntagma Square and Kolonaki
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more