- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Greek Islands
A few years ago, journalist Stavros Theodorakis decided to bring the culinary traditions of his Cretan hometown of Chania to Athens. Located behind the Hilton hotel, his restaurant immediately became a success with the crème-de-la-crème of the city, especially top journalists and politicians. Alatsi (which means natural sea salt on his native island) serves Cretan delicacies such as kaltsounia (small pies) with wild greens, beef slowly stewed in wine, and Cretan pasta. For dessert, there is Iordani's bougatsa, a sweet and savory cheese pie that comes straight from Chania. The complimentary glass of raki at the end of your meal is ideal for digestion.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more