- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Greek Islands
Housed in a sleek, airy building with modern and traditional touches, this lively example of a neo-taverna is infused with Gazi's energy. The excellent home cooking includes the braised beef in tomato sauce with spaghetti; the simmered pork with mushrooms and mashed potatoes; the Cephalonia-style rooster in red sauce; the cold lentil salad; and a tasty salad with boiled zucchini, sliced avocado, and grated graviera cheese. Wine comes in beautifully designed glass carafes. Warning: when the neutral-tone interior gets busy, it gets almost psychedelically loud. Thankfully, there are outside pavement tables in good weather.
- Address: Konstantinoupoleos 70 and Evmolpidon, Gazi, Athens, 11854
- Phone: 210/347–6320
- Location: Gazi, Kerameikos, and Rouf
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more