- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Greek Islands
Housed in a sleek, airy building with modern and traditional touches, this lively example of a neo-taverna is infused with Gazi's energy. The excellent home cooking includes the braised beef in tomato sauce with spaghetti; the simmered pork with mushrooms and mashed potatoes; the Cephalonia-style rooster in red sauce; the cold lentil salad; and a tasty salad with boiled zucchini, sliced avocado, and grated graviera cheese. Wine comes in beautifully designed glass carafes. Warning: when the neutral-tone interior gets busy, it gets almost psychedelically loud. Thankfully, there are outside pavement tables in good weather.
- Address: Konstantinoupoleos 70 and Evmolpidon, Gazi, Athens, 11854
- Phone: 210/347–6320
- Location: Gazi, Kerameikos, and Rouf
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I want to thank those who tried to help me with my search for a Greek island and let you know it wasn’t a waste of time. Read more
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
I am planning Greece for honeymoon in June 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more