- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Huge wine barrels line one wall—and white Christmas lights cover the other—in this always busy neighborhood eatery located just behind the Panathenaic Stadium. In summer, couples and groups of all ages find refuge in its adjacent open-air garden and enjoy its mellow social effervescence. Choose grilled pork, rabbit in lemon sauce, lamb with fries, oven-cooked perch,or go for standard nibbles like fava, grilled cheese saganaki, or the tomato-based eggplant stew. With lots of students and staff from the nearby international schools, this tavern, run by the third generation of the same family, sees a lot of red house wine flowing with every meal.
- Address: Archimidou 11, Pangrati, Athens, 11635
- Phone: 210/701–2153
- Location: Pangrati and Kaisariani
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A month in Chios, Lesvos and Samos (coming in from Turkey this time) in October 2013
September October 2013 – travels in the eastern Aegean…
Back to Greece again – it’s becoming Read more
For anyone planning/ considering a Greek island cruise, especially if they're not “cruisers”, I’m posting this report. Read more
I need to travel between Mykonos and Santorini on the last Friday in May 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more