- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Greek Islands
Huge wine barrels line one wall—and white Christmas lights cover the other—in this always busy neighborhood eatery located just behind the Panathenaic Stadium. In summer, couples and groups of all ages find refuge in its adjacent open-air garden and enjoy its mellow social effervescence. Choose grilled pork, rabbit in lemon sauce, lamb with fries, oven-cooked perch,or go for standard nibbles like fava, grilled cheese saganaki, or the tomato-based eggplant stew. With lots of students and staff from the nearby international schools, this tavern, run by the third generation of the same family, sees a lot of red house wine flowing with every meal.
- Address: Archimidou 11, Pangrati, Athens, 11635
- Phone: 210/701–2153
- Location: Pangrati and Kaisariani
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more