- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Greek Islands
At a Glance
- all-out luxury
- beautiful rooms
- excellent café, spa and pool lounge
- central location
- pricey, no free Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
Grande Bretagne Review
With a guest list that includes more than a century's worth of royals, rock stars, and heads of state, the landmark Grande Bretagne remains the most exclusive hotel in Athens but as you marvel at one of the most eye-knocking views of the Acropolis from the terrace restaurant, or rest on custom-made silk ottomans in the lobby, or call your personal butler 24 hours a day from your room, you may very well think it is the very best. Built in 1842, the hotel had a recent all-out-luxury renovation that recaptured the original grandeur, restoring 19th-century oil paintings, antiques, and hand-carved details as they were a century earlier. There's also a lovely spa where you can pamper yourself with indulgences such as ouzo-oil massages. As for amenities, there are none better in Athens—just a few include laptop and mobile phone rentals, a technology help desk, and free daily newspapers.
- Address: Vasileos Georgiou A'1 at Syntagma Sq., Syntagma Sq., Athens, 10564 | Map It
- Phone: 210/333–0000; 210/331–5555 through 210/331–5559 reservations
- Website: www.grandebretagne.gr
- Location: Syntagma Square and Kolonaki
- 321 rooms, 56 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
Thanks in advance for all your help.
I'm turning 40 in a few weeks and decided I want to head to Europe for two or three weeks. I've been to Turkey, Bulgaria, UK, France. I want to explore some new areas. Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more