- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Greek Islands
To Kainari Review
Handwoven throws and an odd collection of photographs and mementos adorn the walls of this cozy neighborhood taverna, where you'll rub elbows—literally—with businessmen, doctors, students, and other regulars. But what it lacks in space, it makes up for with an extensive menu combining daily specials (ask the fishmonger sipping ouzo at the next table) and favorites, like bouyiourdi (spicy saucage, peppers, feta cheese, and tomato sauce), the cheese pie with olives and sun-dried tomatoes, the calamari stuffed with feta cheese, or the lamb with hand-cut fries cooked in olive oil. On cold winter nights, this place warms the body and soul.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film "I Follow Apollo” presents the highlights of Greece, including Athens, Olympia, Meteora, Sparta, the Byzantine Empire, and a cruise to the islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, & Rhodes, Read more
Greek Islands in November on Constelation, weather great, should have been memorable for good things.
After sailing on Infiniti last year and really enjoying it we booked this cruise, would have though Read more
· News & Features
Ask around and most people will tell you to spend as short a layover as possible in Athens before booking ... Read more
With the Aegean Sea as its backdrop, Greece serves a heavy hand of magical Mediterranean living.... Read more
A week in the Greek isles?... Read more